IT’S PARTY TIME – Does the thought of having a birthday party at home send you into a flat spin – don’t panic – hire a jumping castle Johannesburg straight away.
Once you have hired the jumping castle Johannesburg, it is now time to plan the day. Here is a party checklist to help you on your way.
- Two weeks before the event plan your guest list. To keep numbers sane ask your child to invite guests for every year of their age, for example 7 years equals 7 guests, and don’t forget to include your family and friends as well.
- Decide on a time; small children are better off with a morning party, but if you wish to combine the party with the adults for a braai, try an early afternoon event. The later time gives you more time to prepare, but the earlier time gives you the rest of the day to clean up and recover.
- Decide on your theme; plan your colours and party favours to match your theme. Check online for the many party theme ideas there.
- Decide if you are going to have any theme related party games, for when the kids get fed up with the jumping castle.
- 10 days before the party – send out the invites. Set the RSVP date for at least 4 days before the party to give you time for catering and party bags.
- One week before the party – delegate all party games and supervision on the bouncy castle to a willing family members or friends. This will enable you to be free to deal with the food, entertainment for the adults and any other incidents that may occur on the day.
- Organise your menu and make a shopping list. Bake your cake or cakes and freeze them (ice 1 day before the party) or place your order with your favourite baker. Make a list of what can be made ahead of time and frozen. The less to do on the day the better for you.
- Organise your children’s costumes if you are having a costume party.
- 4 days before the party make up your party bags, always make a couple more for those extra guests. Make sure you have everything required for any party games.
Now you are organised. Nothing much left to do except the party food for the day, dress